Warehouse Operations Specialist (Michigan)
- Potterville, MI
- Full Time
Industry: Internet, Cable and Phone
Title: Warehouse Operations Specialist
Location: Potterville, MI
Reports to: Warehouse Operations Manager
Type: Full-Time, W-2
The System Technician maintains, services and repairs hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) broadband communication networks and components.
You could be a part-owner of WOW!
Every person hired into a full-time position at WOW! is eligible to have real, tangible, and potentially very rewarding ownership in WOW! and its future. With the award of a one-time restricted stock grant ranging from $3,000 - $7,500 (depending on the position), when the price of WOW!’s stock increases, so does the value of your shares! Ask your recruiter for more details!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Trouble-shoot and repair problems in HFC networks
- Test, balance, align and adjust components, cables and equipment used to amplify and process signals in both directions (Downstream and return path) including system sweep.
- Perform maintenance, testing and repair on HFC network power supplies
- Splice and activate fiber optic cables, nodes, transmitters and receivers
- Assist in training activities
- Perform emergency fiber restoration
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Identify and report all incidents of non compliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and WOW standards)
- Assure system security by following company procedures
- Provide superior customer service
- Complete all tasks to WOW! quality standards
- Represent WideOpenWest in a competent and professional manner to all customers, associates, and outside organizations
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
- Identify and repair any and all instances of signal leakage to ensure system conforms to F.C.C. Cumulative Leakage Index requirements and company standards
- Perform plant serviceability surveys
- Other duties as assigned, which may include cross functional assignments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to use assigned test equipment including but not limited to signal level meter (SLM), leakage detector, volt ohm meter, sweep receiver, underground locater and TDR
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle customer concerns and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic knowledge of electronics and working knowledge of the operation of an HFC network are required. Two to four years of experience and related associates degree (or equivalent in training and experience) is preferred.
Basic computer skills are required including internet and email are needed.
WOW! offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with a company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
WOW! also offers significant discounts on broadband packages for employees residing in our service areas.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips