Controller & Director of Shared Services
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Stage Fund, in their search for a Controller/ Director of Shared Services.
Company: Stage Fund
Industry: Venture Capital and Private Equity
Title: Controller & Director of Shared Services
Location: Denver, CO/Remote
Reports To: General Partner
Type: W-2 Full-Time
Stage Fund is looking for a Controller / Director of Shared Services who will be responsible for managing the accounting function, including financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cash management and coordination of external tax compliance, and the annual financial statement audit for the fund and portfolio companies.
- Report directly to one of the Fund General Partners.
- Manage all accounting functions and team members; prepare departmental goals.
- Prepare and maintain integrity of GAAP-compliant financial statements.
- Lead budgeting/forecasting efforts for the company and portfolio.
- Develop and manage performance metrics that support the company’s strategic direction throughout all portfolio companies
- Lead financial reporting effort; including financial information needed for BOD and shareholders for Stage Fund and all portfolio companies.
- Coordinate external financial statement audit and manage audit deadlines.
- Establish, execute, and monitor essential accounting and financial internal controls.
- Manage cash payments and receipts, including online banking platform.
- Coordinate external preparation of tax filings and compliance calendar with a tax firm.
- Monitor government, compliance, and industry standards related to accounting and finance, and establish policies to address regulatory changes.
- Review sales, insurance, investor, and other miscellaneous contracts for accounting and operational implications.
- Maintain the company’s capitalization tables.
- Oversee onboarding of new portfolio companies from an accounting perspective, including new hire planning.
- Oversee payroll and benefits functions, including managing the Director of HR Shared Services.
- Perform other tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business. CPA strongly preferred.
- At least five years of accounting experience in a managerial capacity.
- Accounting process and internal controls knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to research accounting issues and methodologies.
- Experience developing forecast models and, specifically, the ability to analyze and model complicated cash flows.
- Experience with corporate tax compliance and financial statement audits.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks software required.
- Experience with payroll and PEO systems such as ADP, Gusto, etc.
Our client offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including an unlimited PTO plan. Compensation is negotiable based on experience and expertise with a base salary in a general range starting at $130,000.
About Stage Fund
Stage Fund is a turnaround venture fund based in Denver, CO that buys “orphaned” technology and tech-enabled businesses with $2-5M in revenue. We have exclusive, long-standing relationships with venture debt and venture capital firms who rely on us for restructuring companies that, in their current form, will not deliver venture-scale returns. Our team has extensive turnaround experience, so we can give good companies a second chance at success with fresh capital and hands-on management.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado-based, premier headhunter, RPO, and employment agency; recruiting and searching for the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews with current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips