Senior Software Engineer
- San Diego, CA
- Full Time
Riderflex is posting this job on behalf of Xendee, any applicants will be sent directly to their team and are not part of the Riderflex recruitment process.
Xendee is a rapidly growing cleantech software company on a mission to drive the future of microgrid development. We are focused on developing and delivering the best-in-class intuitive microgrid decision support SaaS platform that will be a key enabler for the expansion of the commercial microgrid market.
Our mission is to give our customers the right tools to dramatically accelerate their microgrid development project timelines by providing robust technoeconomic evaluations early in the design process that also serve to ensure the bankability of those projects. We approach our mission with renowned technical leadership, a focus on customer service, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
The software team at Xendee owns the central nervous system that powers the critical business and optimization stack for Xendee’s platform. Our applications deal with the challenge of providing an optimal solution to a highly complex and delicate set of multi-objective optimization functions and supporting the systems responsible for the end-to-end pipeline of acquiring and supporting our subscriber base at scale.
Our ideal candidate is a resourceful, motivated, and experience .NET Senior Software Engineer who will mentor teammates as well as collaborate and execute with the rest of Xendee’s software team as you build out our microgrid modeling and optimization software platform. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working to deliver software products that advance Xendee’s vision to make a renewable energy-based world a reality.
Reporting to our Chief Software Architect (CSA), you will be working with other Software Engineers to solve technical challenges and deliver on a superior, intuitive platform that addresses our customers’ needs.
What you’d be working on:
- Own the full lifecycle of application development: plan, design, implement, test and release new features on the Xendee platform
- Provide technical project leadership in the building and maintenance of long-term software projects
- Mentorship for other engineers on the team to help build upon Xendee’s core engineering values through code review, pair programming, and adherence to best practices
- Assist in the design, implementation, and operation stages of the software development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Integrate third-party software components and APIs into the Xendee platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years minimum professional experience as an individual contributor with .NET
- Strong experience with developing and maintaining web applications built using the Microsoft Stack – IIS, ASP.NET, SQL Server
- Experience designing, building, and querying relational databases, ideally Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven track record of successfully delivering real-world, web-based products
- Ability to both understand and integrate with third-party APIs and software components
- Experience authoring APIs made accessible to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and be an individual contributor
- Passionate about solving problems through code
- Experience with test-driven development and remote teams is a plus