Housing Development Manager
- Denver, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Company: Archway Housing and Services
Title: Housing Development Manager
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Reports to: Director of Real Estate
Direct reports: N/A
Type: Full-time, W2
1. POSITION SUMMARY
We are looking to employ a Housing Development Manager with knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) and experience with tasks associated with the acquisition, financing, entitlement, rehabilitation and construction of multifamily projects. A Housing Development Manager is expected to have strong organizational, time management and customer service skills. You will display natural leadership and possess strong communication skills.
To ensure success, the Housing Development Manager should display problem solving, decision-making and project management skills with a solid understanding of development funding sources.
A. Project Management
Objective: Assume project management responsibilities associated with multi-family housing acquisition, rehabilitation and new construction.
Why this matters: Archway is committed to leading a best-in-class affordable housing development operation
to substantially grow our footprint in Colorado and beyond.
- Establish and manage timelines and communications between architects, contractors and members of the development team.
- Support the Director of Real Estate for land and property acquisitions, financing, funding applications and other development-related responsibilities.
- Prepare financing applications along with supporting documentation as required.
- Manage due diligence review for potential property acquisitions.
Objective: Build Archway’s portfolio of properties to achieve our mission while maintaining our value to serve those in need.
Why this matters: Archway is seeking to grow our portfolio to achieve greater scale of operations and to
increase the reach of our mission.
- Initiate the deal process and prioritize activities based on deadlines, resources and critcal path to completion.
- Coordinate third party vendors from request for proposal (RFP) to final work product.
- Oversee design, entitlement and permitting process.
- Coordinate with Archway leadership to ensure building design and staffing assumptions meet functional, social and operational objectives as well as confirm financial impacts to ensure timely and strategic flow of information.
- Negotiate deal pricing and terms.
C. Manage Internal and External Relationships
Objective: Build best in class relationships with partners.
Why this matters: Archway strives to be recognized as a leader in the non-profit housing and services industry.
- Establish relationships with external consultants, community groups, local and state government officials, funders, investors and attorneys.
- Positive collaborative partnerships with internal teams including property management, finance, administration, real estate and social services.
- Professional presence that engenders credibility with both oral and written skills as well ad effective public speaking.
- Education: Bachelors degree in a relevant field – Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning – is desired.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience in affordable housing development, finance or policy; real
estate or project management; or a related field and preferably in Colorado.
- Personal Characteristics:
• Exhibit strong leadership to maintain forward momentum on complex projects that rely on a broad
network of external partners.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Expert research skills.
• Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail including ability to manage a network of
interrelated financing, construction and real estate details.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
• Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related communication tools.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
3. WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to efficiently perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- The pay range for this role begins at $120,000 annually and goes to $150,000 annually depending on experience.
- Archway provides Health and Dental insurance with the company paying 80% of the cost.
- Archway provides a Vision plan, the company pays the full amount of this coverage.
- Archway provides a 401k retirement plan. We currently do not provide matching funds.
- Archway provides 12 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Full-time employees accumulate one day of paid sick leave for each month worked, after their first 30 days of full employment. Unused sick leave accumulates from year to year up to a maximum of 60 working days.
- Full-time employees in their first three years of continuous employment will accrue vacation time at 3.08 hours per pay period. For a Full-Time employee working 40 hours per week, this equals 80 hours, or two-weeks of vacation per year.
- Prior to hire, an Employee Handbook detailing these and other benefits will be made available to newly hired employees.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Archway Housing and Services
The mission of Archway Housing & Services, Inc. is to change lives by providing housing and related supportive services that engender a safe environment and teach community skills for families with low to moderate incomes.
Our goal is to build healthier communities by offering quality affordable housing with services that enhance the social and economic well-being of families in Metro Denver.
Our inclusiveness initiative, funded through The Denver Foundation, is part of our effort to build our organizational capacity by focusing on how we can continue to effectively address the need for affordable housing in a diverse community.
Archway Housing & Services, Inc. pledges to not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or military status in any of its activities or operations.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips