Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client in the Global Investment industry to find their Office Manager
Job Title: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: 75,000-90,000 with benefits
About the company:
GLP is a leading global business builder, owner, developer, and operator of logistics real estate, data centers, renewable energy, and related technologies. GLP’s deep expertise and operational insights allow it to build and scale high-quality businesses and create value for its customers. GLP owns and operates assets and businesses in 17 countries across Asia, Europe, and the Americas. GLP Capital Partners, a global alternative asset manager with approximately $115 billion in assets under management, is the exclusive investment and asset manager of GLP. To learn more about GLP, visit www.glp.com/global.
Working under the direction of the current Chicago Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant / Office Manager will be responsible for running the day-to-day operations of our Chicago office and providing administrative support to senior team members for travel, calendar coordination, and communications. As a key contributor to the overall success of the team, you’ll also serve as the Chicago administrative liaison with administrative staff located in our regions throughout the country.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors and package deliveries
- Coordinate and monitor conference room use and scheduling for various teams and visitors
- Order, maintain, and replenish supplies for pantry/break/kitchen areas
- Order, maintain, and restock office supplies as needed; prepare and manage outgoing FedEx and mail; check mailbox daily
- Coordinate in-person interviews
- Perform ad-hoc administrative projects to support senior team members as needed, including expense reports in Concur, travel arrangements, and presentations
- Serve as point of contact for administrative teams in all other offices
- Plan and coordinate onsite and offsite meetings and events, including scheduling, drafting agendas, communicating details, and creating high-quality presentations, as well as taking notes as required
- Serve as the administrative point of contact for outsourced IT Helpdesk communications in support of setting up new employees
- Maintain internal calendar for the Chicago office to include office lunches and events, employee birthdays, office gift ordering, etc.
- Create, schedule, and coordinate office events such as team dinners, happy hours, philanthropic events
- Ensure the Chicago office runs smoothly by finding solutions for inquiring employees, escalating building-related concerns or issues
- Support global meetings outside of traditional business hours as needed
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience providing comprehensive administrative support to key stakeholders at a global company
- Minimum 2 years of office management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Teams and SharePoint
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent proofreading and editing abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and sound judgment
- Self-starter with superior analytical skills; an intellectually curious problem solver
- Ability to establish collaborative, cross-departmental relationships with a high degree of professional sophistication, confidentiality, integrity, and reliability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and continuously developing environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced and continuously developing environment
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, communication, and collaboration in a team environment
- Self-starter with superior analytical skills; a problem solver with an astute attention to detail
- Possesses good judgment, honesty, and utmost integrity
Comprehensive benefits package included. Salary commensurate with experience and background. Bonus eligible.
The work for this position will be conducted in an office environment. The role may require maintaining a stationary position for extended periods, operating a computer and other office productivity machinery, attending to tasks for extended periods, occasionally moving or lifting up to 50 lbs, and communicating accurate information effectively and efficiently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
GLP is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. GLP is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex:
Riderflex is a national, Colorado-based, premier headhunter, RPO, and employment agency; recruiting and searching for the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services, including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn, so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips