- Denver, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Maintenance Supervisor!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Project in Colorado, Fly In Fly - Out of Denver
Compensation - $55,000-$75,000 Annual USD
Thiess is a global mining services provider, partnering with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa, and now the Americas.
For more than 85-years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. We use that insight to optimize mining solutions for each project, backed by our commitments to our people, clients and communities where we live and work.
Today we employ almost 12,000 people across 26 projects. Our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients’ needs. Through our safety culture, repeatable processes, technology integration and more, our purpose is to create lasting value.
The USA is an important part of our future. We’re pleased to be bringing our unique approach to the contract mining industry to the USA and North America. We are miners and only miners.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
If you’re interested in joining a learning organization with a focus on innovation and technology that create value for the mining industry, deliver excellence, and take pride in sustainable resource recovery, join our team!
Learn about our history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JKActFiWQ
Thiess is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor (site) to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Maintenance Supervisor will be a key role Supervising the overall day to day, performance, coordination, management, and maintenance, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organization.
About the Role
Your main responsibilities as Maintenance Supervisor (site) are:
- To be a key role role supervising the overall day to day, performance, coordination, management, and maintenance, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organization.
- Ensure employee Health and safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations, company policies and regulations.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Direct the activities of a Mine Maintenance crew to maintain mobile equipment in a manner which improves the safety, efficiency, and endurance of our fleet.
- Review, and manage the completion of, work orders for Preventive Maintenance, Planned Component Replacement, and Unplanned Repairs.
- Assure all PM and backlog paperwork are complete to include detailed documentation of repair and additional parts required.
- Prepare reports on accident/incident that happen during the shift.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to ensure employees are informed of safety and production issues.
- This position is responsible for signing out PM and backlog parts from warehouse.
- Ensure that all mining employees are properly trained on the use of appropriate equipment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in heavy equipment repairs (Mining equipment preferred).
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor or manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- JDE or equivalent ERP system proficiency preferred.
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Communications skills; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks confirmation of understanding; effectively responds well to questions.
- Authorization to work lawfully in USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability and ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience considered an asset.
- 2 years of vocational training in heavy equipment repair. (Equivalent work experience may be accepted in place of formal training).
- Excellent planning, leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact within all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work different schedule on site based on project needs.
- Post-high school training in a related area.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective - to keep everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic withing the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado (not mandatory). Possible domestic relocation assistance or Fly in / Fly Out (FIFO).
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights).
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips