- Denver, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Production Supervisor!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Project in Colorado, Fly In Fly - Out of Denver
Compensation: $99,000 - $115,500 USD
Thiess is a global mining services provider, partnering with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa, and now the Americas.
For more than 85-years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. We use that insight to optimize mining solutions for each project, backed by our commitments to our people, clients and communities where we live and work.
Today we employ almost 12,000 people across 26 projects. Our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients’ needs. Through our safety culture, repeatable processes, technology integration and more, our purpose is to create lasting value.
The USA is an important part of our future. We’re pleased to be bringing our unique approach to the contract mining industry to the USA and North America. We are miners and only miners.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
If you’re interested in joining a learning organization with a focus on innovation and technology that create value for the mining industry, deliver excellence, and take pride in sustainable resource recovery, join our team!
Learn about our history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JKActFiWQ
Thiess is seeking a Production Supervisor (site role) to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Production Supervisor will be a key role Supervising the overall day to day, performance, coordination, management of production, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organization.
About the Role
Your main responsibilities as Production Supervisor (site role) are:
- To be a key role Supervising the overall day to day, performance, coordination, management of production, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organization.
- Ensure employee Health and Safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations, company policies and regulations.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Coordinates open pit activities; loading, hauling, dumping and miscellaneous activities.
- Control pit operations to detect violation of safety regulations and compile safety and production records.
- Assist in work scheduling and planning.
- Prepare reports on accident/incident that happen during the shift.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to ensure employees are informed of safety and production issues.
- Organize training for equipment operators to improve their competencies.
- Understand, promote, and operate by overall company vision, values, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Provide job specific instructions on daily basis and monitor progress.
- Ensure that all mining employees are properly trained on the use of appropriate equipment.
- Communicate routinely and effectively with the Project Manager and other supervisors as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mine engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a shift Supervisor, in an open pit, with demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and seeks confirmation of understanding.
- Effectively responds well to questions.
- Authorization to work lawfully in USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience considered an asset
- Ability and willingness to work different schedule on site based on project needs
- Post-high school training in a related area
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective -to keep everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic withing the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado (not mandatory). Possible domestic relocation assistance or Fly in / Fly Out (FIFO).
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights).
- Salary range $99,000 - $115,500 USD.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips