Jr. Operator Packer
- Alpharetta, GA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Olistica, to find their Junior Operator Packer!
Company: Olistica (Advanced Nutrition)
Industry: Dietary Supplements, Botanical Products Manufacturing
Title: Junior Operator Packer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Advanced Nutrition's Junior Operator Packer will report directly to the Production Supervisor. They must have a strong understanding of the machines they work with. Junior Operators Packers may work with mechanical or computer operated equipment. They must be technically-inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery. Since problems with machinery may arise, Junior Operator Packers must be able to analyze situations and find solutions. Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and willing to learn. Junior Operator Packers should be able to follow instructions, work with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
- Responsible for the setup, operation, breakdown, and cleaning of all production machinery and equipment.
- Must wear PPE at all times in the warehouse and inside the production areas. This includes masks, Tyvek suits, gloves and any other production smocks necessary to perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepare mixers, packaging machines, and their stations for production.
- Load material (up to 50+lbs) into mixers and product transfer machines.
- Operate the production equipment and machines according to SOP and GMP standards.
- Bag, label, and package products according to SOP.
- Expedite bagged products to package area via forklift and pallet jacks.
- Ensure machines are performing at peak performance while adhering to quality standards.
- Monitor machines for irregularities, malfunctions, and fault codes.
- Monitor production for irregularities in finished product: i.e., color deviations, outside of weight specs, issues with filling/discharging materials, and faulty packaging components.
- Diagnose problems, readjust parts and tune stations to ensure efficient production.
- Breakdown/disassemble machines for cleaning at the end of the machine’s operation life cycle.
- Assemble machines and sanitize them to prepare for pre-production inspections.
- Responsible for stocking equipment, supplies and tools for each department on speed racks.
- Responsible for running machines at full capacity.
- Perform periodic checks on production output.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and standard protocols.
- Responsible for producing quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- At times, may help with warehouse activities such as product organization, loading/unloading of deliveries, and routine facility cleaning.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Specifications
- Training Certification on all machines.
- Forklift Certification (in-house training available).
- Ability to use basic measurement tools (Electronic Hand Scales, pallet scales, floor scales).
- Display a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Team oriented work ethic.
- Goal oriented individual with ability to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Basic technical skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Training Certification on Machine Breakdown/Cleaning and reassembly.
- Technical skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Will complete training certification on all machines.
- Will complete training certification on Machine Breakdown/Clean and Reassembly.
- Display a high level of attention to detail.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
- Medical Benefits
- Vacation PTO
The Olistica Life Sciences Group is dedicated to the advancement of innovative, sustainable solutions derived from nature. Their primary goal is to improve the human experience through natural products or via pathways lent by nature. Olistica companies apply industry-leading capabilities across a range of areas, including practical materials, feedstock alternatives, health and nutrition. They are a fully integrated biotechnology company focused on the research and development, manufacturing, and distribution of natural therapeutics and high-quality plant-based derivatives.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips